The cylinder won't rotate properly after firing.

Dodge1

The cylinder won't rotate properly after firing.

Postby Dodge1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:56 am

I shot my Centaure for the first time yesterday. I loaded it with 17 grains of No 2 with the same amount of filler by volume (a bit more filler next time to bring the ball just below the cylinder rim.I acquired a old .4506 round ball mould .The gun shoots where it is aimed ,and is very accurate. I do like it's balance and sights. I am very pleased I bought it.

There is however a problem. The cylinder moves freely on half cock, and rotates and locke on full cock before firing; but having fired the first cylinder it jams when I try to full cock it again .I had to bring it to half cock and rotate the cylinder by hand ,none of the fired capes fell between the frame and hammer .I used both Rennington NO 10 and CCI NO 10, both worked without falling off.

Long Johns Wolf

Re: The cylinder won't rotate properly after firing.

Postby Long Johns Wolf » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:31 am

A hearty Welcome to you, Dodge1.
Glad to have you.
I am certain one of the pards and pardettes will propose a solution for your issue.
Long Johns Wolf

Erik Fridjoffson
Site Admin

Re: The cylinder won't rotate properly after firing.

Postby Erik Fridjoffson » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Maybe the spring of the rotating hand failed out or is not straight enough, look down on the left side of the main page to Wolfgangs for sale offer

Erik
Gott hat den Menschen erschaffen, nachdem er vom Affen enttäuscht war. Danach hat er auf weitere Experimente verzichtet. (Samuel Langhorne Clemens)

Return to “Range Reports”