Centennial Italian Brothers

LonesomePigeon

Centennial Italian Brothers

Postby LonesomePigeon » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:28 am

Is this one of those "Italian brothers"? The description says "Italian made .36 caliber Sheriff's Model imported by Centennial Arms of Chicago". Interesting to note that the cylinder looks case hardened rather than blued.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =505754496

I also posted this in the Centaures for sale forum. I think this might be a rare gun so I wanted to make sure people here had a chance to see it. I don't know the seller and have nothing to do with the sale but if it is rare I hope somebody here can get it.

Long Johns Wolf

Re: Centennial Italian Brothers

Postby Long Johns Wolf » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:27 am

Thanks for sharing LonesomePigeon. That's very thoughtful of you.
Looks like an Armi san Paolo 1851 Navy to me.
Unfortunately, even exports of C&B revolvers have to go through a licensed US export Agent these days.
This makes a purchase cost prohibitive for European buyers.
Long Johns Wolf

Cherokee

Postby Cherokee » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:19 pm

I just got a Centennial Italian brother. It is a steel framed Sheriff model that looks like a short barreled 1851 Navy. It has very nice case colors and the cylinder is blued. Serial number is 33339. This model is shown in the old Centennial ads that are on the FROCS website and also in the Centaure book. It is interesting to note that the Centennial Arms markings on the top of the barrel are stamped from the cylinder toward the barrel, with the Chicago, ILL. at the end of the address almost touching the brass bead front sight. Actually a very heavy and nice revolver. I also just picked up an 1807 "Made in Belgium" Harpers Ferry Flintlock that I will mention on the non-Centaure portion of the site.

LonesomePigeon

Postby LonesomePigeon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 am

Congratulations. Do you intend to shoot it or keep it as a collectible?

Return to “Non Centaure Percussion Revolvers”