LAWS REGARDING CARRYING MY CENTAURE IN THE TRUCK?

ARENAMAN

LAWS REGARDING CARRYING MY CENTAURE IN THE TRUCK?

Postby ARENAMAN » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:06 pm

Hello Yaull,

I'm a new guy on this forum, a new owner of a Belgian NMA #8536. I think I've read somewhere that cap and ball guns are not considered weapons in the way that cartridge pistols are. Does this mean that there are more loose regulations regarding the carrying of this pistol in my truck for self defense. What about carrying accross state lines. If anybody knows about this I would appreciate some help. I will be doing my own research as well. Shot about 24 balls today, enjoying this my first cap and ball pistol.
#28 ARENAMAN
TEXAS "There is not so fair a portion of the earth's surface warmed by the sun." Micajah Autry, Defender, Hero of the Alamo.

Long Johns Wolf

Re: LAWS REGARDING CARRYING MY CENTAURE IN THE TRUCK?

Postby Long Johns Wolf » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:27 am

Howdy Arenamen, welcome to FROCS and good to have you her.
There are others out there that can comment your query with authority.
Welcome again.
Long Johns Wolf

ARENAMAN

Postby ARENAMAN » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome Lone Wolf. You've and Paden both have been very gracious to me as I have now come into this community of Centaure owners. Regarding the question posted earlier, after doing further research, it appears that the BP guns are considered weapons the same as any other mondern autoloader or revolver except that the laws are different as to the hoops required to be jumped through in purchasing them. Probably not a good idea to rely on a BP pistol for self defense anyway. I'ts just that my wife is about to get her CCL in the mail and then I will loose my usual carry weapon. The Centaure is the only other weapon I have. Guess I need to go shopping. :lol:
#28 ARENAMAN
TEXAS "There is not so fair a portion of the earth's surface warmed by the sun." Micajah Autry, Defender, Hero of the Alamo.

stsid1

Postby stsid1 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 am

don't knows about Texas laws but in Georgia, if it is not capped then it isn't loaded.
If it's broke fix it, If it aint,make it better
aka greasemonkey

Smokin' Gun

Postby Smokin' Gun » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Welcome Arenaman, what Stsid1 said in GA, holds true in CA. Uncappped or cylinder removed is concidered unloaded. I can walk into any Gun Shop and purchase a 58 Remington, 60 Colt or Centaure, or a 63 Sharps .54 paper cart BP carbine and walk out with it.
I use a BP revolver as a steady diet of Home or Self Protection. If you have a Handgun or rifle you trust and is in good workin' order there is no reason not to use a BP Rev for protection.
Heres jus' a couple reasons:
Intruder enters your residence, at nite in the dark...you are alterted intend on havin' the element of surprize on your side.
You identify the assalent and he attempts to attack and you are in fear of your life. If you have time you launch a .454" dia. with 30gr of the Holy Black behind it the ball with a 2foot FLASH-BANG flame behind it through the door he entered through...if he continues an attack drop um' with the second round unless he left in a hurry thru that door. Either way he won't be back.
I have reliable Cap & Ball firearms that i would stake my life on with out a doubt, and alot of them...also a 12ga Police Pump but OO Buck is over a $1 a shot...LoL!

SG
#24 Smokin' Gun, Mosby's Rangers 43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.

ARENAMAN

Postby ARENAMAN » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:37 am

LOL, If I launch a 2 ft. flame along with a big BANG is his direction, It might be humane of me to give the assailant just a split second of time to ---- his pants then watch him to determine if he intends to continue to attack me or instead, turn and exit the same hole he used for and entrance. :arrow:
#28 ARENAMAN

Smokin' Gun

Postby Smokin' Gun » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Welcome to FROCS from the Mojave Desert ARENAMAN...you now own a nice piece of solid History.
In California it is said that it ain't a firearm till capped or a capped cylinder placed in it. Texas may have a simular leeway but jus' be careful. With them carnivorous Armadillos down there I would think they would allow you to Open Carry a BP Revolver. :D
A pleasure to make your aquaintance,

Smokin' Gun
Last edited by Smokin' Gun on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#24 Smokin' Gun, Mosby's Rangers 43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.

JD1

Postby JD1 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Arenaman, I'm in Texas as well and you're right; they've clarified old travel restrictions and legal language that said guns had to be in plain sight/unloaded etc. As long as it is concealed in Tx it can be loaded...of course I expect all state's rights to take a beating over the next few years.
JD1 8)

Return to “Centaures and the Law”